Here are some tips to help you remove stress and enjoy this magical holiday season.
1. Take time for yourself – each week set aside some “you” time even if it’s just for an hour. What brings you joy?
2. Give back to others- helping others is a great way to bring joy to your life. It could be anything from helping out a family member, donating or volunteering.
3. Spend time with your loved ones – some of us don’t live near family but if you have a friend or co-worker spending the holidays alone invite them over for a nice dinner.
4. Smart money management – be realistic about how much you spend on gifts. Sometimes investing in a experience instead of an object can be worth so much more.
5. Count your blessings – we all know that we should be doing this, take a minute each day to express gratitude for what you have. You might be surprised at how this can change your mindset.
6. Watch your weight – this is a tough one! We all love our holiday comfort food but this is not the time to say screw it when you’ve been eating healthy all year. Don’t deprive yourself either, think moderation and when you indulge go for a walk and move your body. It takes years to become overweight, not months. Try a new approach instead of getting to the new year and feeling like you need to go on a diet.
7. HAVE FUN!