This time of year we all get busy and can fall out of good routines. I wanted to share some tips on how to protect your skin from UV damage, keep your body feeling good and implement detox strategies at home that will improve our natural repair process.
1. Wear a physical sun protection daily containing Zinc Oxide or Titanium Dioxide (SPF 30), Wear a wide brimmed hat when out in the sun for extended periods of time & try drinkable sun protection! Check it out! https://www.osmosisskincare.com/HarmonizedWater-NoTanUV.aspx
2. Stay Hydrated! Drink plain water throughout the day, everyday. Filtered and artisian spring water are best. Try adding some pink Himalayan salt to a glass of pure water in the morning to flush your system, boost energy, detox and more.
3. Hydrate your skin daily and use antioxidants topically & internally. The more time we spend outdoors the more dehydrated the skin gets. Use quality products full of antioxidants to help replenish depleted skin. Also, consume lots of bright colored fruit & veggies daily. Here are my two favorite anti-oxidant products! https://www.osmosisskincare.com/Replenish.aspx https://www.osmosisskincare.com/NourishFacialOil.aspx
4. Eliminate toxins! Being active is a great way to detox the body but it’s not enough because we are bombarded with toxins everyday from our food, water and environment. I recommend supplementing with an ingredient called DIM (diindolylmethane). This ingredient is derived from cruciferous vegetables and is great for restoring our hormones by removing estrogenic toxins from our bodies. Here’s my favorite brand. https://www.osmosisskincare.com/EnvironmentalDetox.aspx
5. Soak regularly. This is a great ritual not only for relaxation and muscle tension but also detoxification. Fill your bath with water and add a generous amount of Epsom salt or pink Himalayan salt. These salts will pull toxins from your muscles and you will absorb the minerals through your skin. For additional relaxation benefits add 6-8 drops of Lavender essential oil (or your favorite) and soak for at least 20 minutes. Side note: stretching right after a bath will allow your muscles to fully release and help realignment of the body.
Taking time to care for yourself daily/weekly is so important for overall health and well being. I hope you make it a priority and choose at least one of these practices to implement. You won’t regret it!